Immigration Issues/K1 or K3

Question
Attorney Ajay, Thanks for your answer to my earlier question. I have two more questions
1.  My daughter is an American citizen and the boy she intends to marry is in India. They are not engaged yet. If 2-4 months delay does not matter what is preferable, K1 visa or K3 visa? In case of K3 visa, is court marriage alone in India sufficient?

2.  Do you help process these visas or only provide consultation?

Answer
I would recommend K1. A formal engagement is not required, as long as there is an intention to marry each other within 90 days of entry to the U.S. on K1 visa. It is important for the two parties to have physically met each other within the past 2 years.

If they will be married to each other in India, then K3 is the only option.

We provide legal representation for K visa category. Please contact our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours, or email info@h1b1.com for additional guidance.

Ajay K. Arora