Immigration Issues/Marriage to U.S. Citizen

Question
Hello,

I am remarrying my ex-husband who is an Indian Citizen, I am US citizen. However, I am planning on living in India after the marriage for one year. Is there a way for me to apply for him to come to the US from India? Do you think i will face any problems for remarrying my ex-husband?

Answer

If you divorced your first husband, and then obtained U.S. citizenship through marriage to your new husband, and have now divorced your new husband to remarry your first husband, the case will indeed be looked at very closely by the U.S. Consulate.

As you will be residing in India for one year, you can file the sponsorship paperwork directly with the nearest U.S. Consulate.

Ajay K. Arora