Immigration Issues/Visitor visa status extension

Question
When I entered America having B1 visa for on the job training, I was allowed to stay for 3months. Since my employer in Korea gives me the pay-check, there is no problem regarding the visa type. However, I-94 will expire on July 18th, shorter than I supposed to stay. I've applied I-539 to USCIS for extention of my status on May 22nd. It's been more than 45days, but the status of my case is still under intial review. I have a couple of questions regarding this.
1) Can I stay until my case is decided even though it is beyoud July 18th (my I-94 expiration date)? I applied to extend my status until November 18th.
2) If the decision for my case is made later than my I-94 expiration date, for example in August and the application is denied, how soon do I have to leave? I also wonder whether it is considered overstay and it would be a problem when I enter America again.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Answer

You are able to remain legally in the U.S. until Nov. 18, since the application was filed prior to I-94 expiration.

However, if the application to extend your status is denied, you must depart the U.S. immediately, and you will be required to apply for new B1 visa stamp at a U.S. Consulate in your home country for future entries to the U.S.  

Ajay K. Arora