Immigration Issues/visitor visa for my spouse

Question
I'm a U.S. citizen currently living and working in Honduras. I am planning to get married to a Honduran citizen sometime this winter.  He applied for a visitor visa last winter before we were engaged and was turned down because of a lack of financial resources.  I'd like him to visit the U.S. with me next summer after we're married to visit my family and friends.  We are planning on living in Honduras for several years, though eventually would like to move to the U.S.  Will he be able to get a visitor visa once we're married? His financial situation has improved slightly, though not dramatically.  What is the best way for us to go about this process? Thank you.

Answer
Hi Karla,

U.S. Consulates will typically issue a visitor visa if the applicant has not evinced an intention to immigrate to the U.S. However, in most cases an application for visitor visa (B2 visa status) made by the spouse of a U.S. citizen is denied by the Consulate on the basis that there is an intention to immigrate to the U.S. and that the correct visa category therefore is K3: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a

Ajay K. Arora