Immigration Issues/245i and citizenship (naturalization)

Question
I got my green card with the 245-I application, My ex husband was the applicant and I obtained thrum him. We both obtained the resident. we were married for 3 years. It's been more than 5 years that I am a permanent resident already, and I do want to become a Citizenship. My question is, Do I need to approve marriage, since we are no longer together? just like when you obtain your green card thrum a Citizenship.. Because I understand they do have to approved living in marital union for at least 3 years...
Thank you so much for you help.

Answer
As you have been a permanent resident for 5 years, you are eligible to apply for naturalization even if you are divorced. You do not require your ex-husband's cooperation in any step of the naturalization process. We have some basic information about naturalization here: http://h1b1.com/citizenship.htm

You can contact our law firm directly at 212-268-3580 during business hours, or email info@h1b1.com for additional questions.

Ajay K. Arora