Immigration Issues/I-485 approved--priority date is current

Question
My case is simple and similar to many others. EB2 category, I-140 is approved in 2006, I-485 was filed in July 2007, currently on EAD and H1 and waiting for priotiy date to be current to get I-485 approval. Now question is once priority date becomes current may be in couple of months, do I or my emplyer needs to take any action like initiating background check, intimating USCIS to start working on my case, etc?

Answer

If your address has not changed (or if you have notified USCIS if it has) no action is required. The USCIS will automatically approve the pending I-485 in the month when the priority date is current. You have probably received biometrics appointment some time back, but there is a possibility that new biometrics may be required, and the USCIS will automatically schedule new biometrics if required when priority date is current prior to approving the I-485.

Ajay K. Arora