Immigration Issues/Advance Parole

Question
Good morning.
We are pending for approval of I-485 since July 2007. We are waiting for visa availability for priority date May/2006 (category 3).
Our permanent residence request is based on employment.
I was layed off on May and I continued working as a self employed.
People says that we should only request advance parole for travel in the event of an emergency, but we find that this doesn't makes sense, since the issuing of the travel document takes 3 months. By then, is going to be to late to attend the emergency.
We want to go to our native country for medical checking, and to do so, we would like to request an advance parole for traveling. We traveled with that document in past, but now that I don't work for the sponsor employer, is there any risk to travel?
Thanks for your help

Answer

Advance parole is always issued without any problems whatsoever based on pending I-485...there does not need to be an emergency irrespective of what the instructions on the form may indicate, although you are correct that it can take 3 months for issuance of advance parole document.

I do not recommend traveling if you are not employed and the I-485 is based on employer sponsorship,

Ajay K. Arora