Immigration Issues/B1 Visa for me and Visitor visa for my family

Question
I am travelling to US on a business visit for 2 weeks. I wish to take my spouse and my kid along with me. None of us have a visa yet. Is it better that we all apply for the visa together or should we get my visa first and then apply for their visa. My company is ready to add in the invitation that my spouse and kid will come along with me. Is there a format for the invite that we should use.

Answer

You can apply for B1 and your family can apply for B2 visas simultaneously. There is no particular format, but the letter from your employer should be addressed to the Consulate and verify your employment, and that the company is sending you to the U.S. for business purposes and provide an idea of the itinerary (such as approximate time to be spent in the U.S. (no more than six months is allowed) and the type of business activity to be conducted (such as attending meetings or conferences, or preparing/presenting proposals to clients, etc.) and confirm that the company will pay for all business related expenses.

Ajay K. Arora