Immigration Issues/F1 married to permanent resident

Question
i am an f1 student whose visa hasn't expired. I fell in love and got married to a permaent resident, how do i adjust my status to be eligible for employment?

Answer

Your spouse can sponsor you in the F2A category by filing the appropriate petition with the USCIS. Information about family sponsorship categories is here: www.h1b1.com/sponsor.htm

As the priority date is usually not current in the F2A category, you will need to wait for the priority date to be current before you can file adjustment of status application along with associated applications such as employment authorization application.

You can call our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours, or email info@h1b1.com for additional information.

Ajay K. Arora