Immigration Issues/F1 violation of status

Question
Dear sir,
i graduated with my masters back in 2007. I received my OPT and then i applied for a second masters starting January 2009. I went back to my country, got the new visa, came back and never went back to school or left the country due to financial problems.
Do i have any chances to receive a working visa or something to be able to travel without getting married to a citizen? Also, the visa i have expires next December. Am consider to be here illegal now since i never showed up for classes?
thank you very much

Answer

In order to extend or change nonimmmigrant visa status within the U.S., you would need to be maintaining your current nonimmigrant visa status. Since you are not a full-time student and are thus violating status, you cannot change status within the U.S.

However, there is an exception: if there is a bona fide marriage to a U.S. citizen, you should be able to adjust status in the U.S.

Ajay K. Arora