Immigration Issues/H1B specialty occupation

Question

I`m a mortgage underwriter working with a BPO in india.Got an offer from a US bank to underwrite for them. They want me travel to US on H1B visa and are ready to sponser it. My question is whether mortgage underwriting as a job qualifies under speciality occupations to be used for h1b.
thanks

Answer

Most positions in mortgage underwriting do not require at least a bachelor's degree in a relevant field, and thus are not likely to be considered specialty occupations. There may be a better outcome if the petitioner is an established company and other similarly qualified employees possessed specific bachelor's degrees at the time that they were hired, or if you are being hired at a supervisory level.

Ajay K. Arora