Immigration Issues/L1A to Green card

Question
Hello there

I work as a Project manager for a big company in L1A visa in us. I am interested in applying for Green card but unfortunately my company will not process my Green card application.

I understand that under L1A, i can apply under EB1 international managers category.

what are my immigration options. Can any other employer apply for a green card for me.

Is there a specific criteria required for an employer to apply for my green card.

Please help me understand my options.

regards
venkii

Answer

Your L1A employer can file I-140 Petition for Immigrant Worker for you in the EB1 category. The EB1 category does not require prior labor certification (also known as PERM) from the Department of Labor before the I-140 can be filed. However, as a practical matter you are totally dependent upon your employer signing and filing the I-140 petition. The employer sponsorship categories are described here: http://h1b1.com/employmentbased.htm

Perhaps if you change employers and the new employer files an H1B petition for you changing your status from L1A to H1B, the new employer will also support you for the lengthy green card through the filing of a PERM application: www.h1b1.com/laborcert.htm  

Ajay K. Arora