Immigration Issues/L1A clock reset

Question
I left USA on 31st Jan 2010 after staying there for 5 years (on L1A). Now I do not plan to go back before 1st Feb 2011 so the "1 year stay home clock" is reset and I can again obtain a 7 year visa (L1A). But I am skeptical about visiting USA in this one year period on Business Visa (B1); although my comapny insists me on that saying that would not reset my one year clock. Could you please advise?

Many thanks,
Tamal

Answer

You can visit for short periods, typically about a month or less without any problems. If you visit the U.S. for four weeks in the interim, for example, then you should plan on being outside the U.S. until March 01, 2011 in order to be outside the U.S. an aggregate of one year.

Ajay K. Arora