Immigration Issues/L1B Extension Stamping

Question
My L1B visa extension got approved by USCIS in August. I need to go to India for a vacation in December. So i need to get the visa stamped for re-entry to US. Will there be any issues in the stamping? Is there any chance that they can reject visa at that time?

Answer

If you follow the Consulate's instructions and take documentation as per appointment notice issued by the Consulate such as the L1B approval notice (Form I-797) and copy of the petition as well as evidence that you are receiving the agreed-upon salary as noted in the L1B petition, the Consulate is likely to issue the visa stamp. However, the Consulate has full authority on whether to actually  issue the visa stamp (or not). The Consulate will normally provide for opportunity to submit any additional documentation before issuing final denial decision such as evidence of the viability of the U.S. company, your previous employment with the foreign company, etc. and thus you will have opportunity to make a case for issuance of the visa, if applicable.

Ajay K. Arora