Immigration Issues/Marriage to U.S. citizen

Question
hello my wife came from the uk on a valide passport and we just got married in illinois wat paper work does she need for bcoming american, oh she has a 5 yr old boy to wt her.

Answer

Your wife and stepchild can adjust status in the U.S. without having to depart the U.S. based on legal entry to the U.S. if all sponsorship paperwork is filed properly, including petition for alien relative and adjustment of status applications. This is not a forum for an exhaustive list of documents, which depends on individual circumstances of a case, but to answer your general question there is no problem with having your wife and stepchild remain in the U.S.

You can call our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours, or email info@h1b1.com for additional guidance.

Ajay K. Arora