Immigration Issues/Marriage to permanent resident

Question
my daughter got a marriage proposal with a guy staying in usa and he is ready to get greencard within 3 months....and my daughter is also there in usa (H1B)....Now the problem is that the bridegroom are telling that there is a problem if the marriage is done in india. is it really a problem for the marriage....??they are telling that if the marriage happens in India they will delay the green card process...for him and also for my daughter...

Answer

If the bridegroom's adjustment of status application is approved before he is able to marry (in other words, he receives his green card), there will be a substantial delay for your daughter to receive her green card as he will then have to sponsor his wife in the F2A category: www.h1b1.com/sponsor.htm

However, the place of marriage has no impact, as a marriage conducted anywhere is legally recognized in the U.S.

Ajay K. Arora