Immigration Issues/RE-entry US with Green card

Question
Hi Ajay K . Arora

here is my case and i hope you can help me. I'm a green card
holder since 2008. i live in US with my Father and 2
brothers. I do have Driver's License and Bank Account in US.
I left US last April 2008 to my home country to study and
came back to US October 25, 2009 for a week with RE-ENTRY
PERMIT which will expire on JULY 2010. On the Same year 2009
i left again US to finish my studies and now planning to go
back to US for good on Sept 2010.
to make it simple :

1)I left US = April 2008; Returned = October 25, 2009 (with
re-entry permit expires on july 2010)
2) I left Again US = November 3, 2009; Plan to Return
September 2010 ( no more than a year)

my concern now is, will the Immigrant officer will question
about my absence in number 2, since I came back last October
25, 2009 (for a week ).

I hope you can help me with my query Thanks! :)

Answer

You may indeed be questioned about whether you have abandoned your residence in the U.S. and thus should carry with you as much evidence as possible showing residency in the U.S. such as tax returns, utility bills or other bills in your name, credit card and bank statement(s), driver's license or state i.d. and any lesser documents such as library card, any mail addressed to you at your residential address. You can also carry evidence that you were a student in India and have now completed your studies.

Ajay K. Arora