Immigration Issues/Sponsoring parents

Question
I am a green card hold and want to apply for my parents (who have working visa).  Can I do it now or until I am us Citizen.  After I apply for them do i need to work to show my income?  my husband works right now, do I need to show his income?  Please let me know.  Thank you .

Answer
You must be a U.S. citizen to sponsor parents: www.h1b1.com/sponsor.htm

You must file affidavit of support eventually, once you are able to sponsor  your parents by becoming a U.S. citizen, but you can include your husband's income in the affidavit of support so that he is co-sponsor.

Ajay K. Arora