Immigration Issues/Traveling on OPT

Question
Dear Mr. Arora,

I have recently completed my MBA, and I am on my OPT status
in US. My EAD runs till June 2011, while the F1 stamp on my
passport is till 2014. I do have a permanent job offer, and
I am actually starting on 23rd August 2010.
Now I have to visit Pakistan, due to some very urgent matter
in Dec. By that time I will still be on my OPT. I have heard
that if u have a valid offer letter, pay stubs, signed I-20,
then u shouldn't be having any problems re-entering US.
Please let me know if there are any catches to that.
Thanks for your time.  

Answer

It is safe to travel since you are maintaining your F1 status and have not violated this status in the past. You may also want to contact the DSO (also known as International Student Advisor) at your university that you are traveling so that or or she can input this information in the SEVIS system and perhaps can also issue a letter stating that you have been a full-time student since starting at the university.

Ajay K. Arora