Immigration Issues/I-130 filed and applying for B1/B2

Question
CAN THE WIFE OF A JAMAICAN (MAN) HUSBAND BE FILED FOR WITHOUT HIM ASSISTING OR SIGNING ANY DOCUMENTS, HOWEVER,  SHE IS NOW A GREEN CARD HOLDER.  HIS BI/B2 VISITING VISA IS EXPIRED, WILL HE BE AFFECTED RE-APPLYING.  

Answer

Visitor visa status does not allow for intention to immigrate to the U.S. Thus, normally the Consulate will not issue a B1/B2 visa stamp when the applicant is the beneficiary of a sponsorship petition even if the beneficiary has not signed any sponsorship paperwork (for example, the petitioner signs the I-130 petition (petition for alien relative)). Information about family sponsorship categories is here: www.h1b1.com/sponsor.htm

Ajay K. Arora