Immigration Issues/I-130 filed and priority date current in F4 category

Question
my brother has filed I-130 on April 30th 2001 and received
receipt # wac-01-258-50723 after 4 years on august 31 2005
i have received I-797 notice of action. my petition is
approved. i was checking my status on line.now my visa priority date is current and i have not received any other letter from uscis office.please guide me, what should i do next? and what is my status?
thanking in advance for your kind help and guidance in this
matter.

shilpa patel
09/18/2010  

Answer

I assume that you are presently in the U.S. If so, adjustment of status application can be filed now as priority date is current. If your valid nonimmigrant visa status has expired, it appears that you are covered under sec. 245(i) since the I-130 petition was filed on or before April 30, 2001.

You can contact our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours, or email info@h1b1.com for guidance.

Ajay K. Arora