Immigration Issues/I-94 no EOS note and marriage to USC

Question
I came on a tourist visa and overstayed. Now I am married to US citizen. On my I 94 there is a note that says: no EOS. I read on one of your previous responses that means: 'no extension of stay'. Will I be able to adjust my status regardless of this note?  

Answer

Since adjustment of status (AOS) is different than EOS, it is OK for you to be sponsored and adjust status in the U.S. based on marriage to a U.S. citizen. In other words, the petition for alien relative, AOS application, EAD application, etc. can all be filed concurrently based on your initial legal entry to the U.S. even though you have subsequently exceeded the permission granted to remain legally in the U.S. as per the I-94 issued to you at the port-of-entry.

You can call our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours, or email info@h1b1.com for guidance.

Ajay K. Arora