Immigration Issues/Amending Passport

Question
Hi Ajay,
I need a piece of advice, if possible.
Here is the situation:
Today I went for my second H-1B stamping in Montreal, Canada. There is a space in my first name in the Passport.
Last Name:Sripada
Given Name: Shri devi
But the situation is all my official documents doesn't have any space in my first name.
When I went for my F-1 Visa, they don't raise this issue and I had my first H-1B stamping in Ottawa, Canada. There also, I had my successful H-1B stamping and my firstname dosen't have any space in it.

Today, In  Montreal, She raised this issue and asked me to either amend my Passport or I-797.
Right now, I am stuckup in Canada and I don't know what to do. Could you please advice me in this issue.

Thanks

Answer

Revising the passport is the easier option. Contact the nearest consulate of your home country, explain your predicament, and ask for their assistance in amending the passport.

The alternative of amending the I-797 requires filing another I-129 with the USCIS and paying filing fees, waiting for approval, etc.

Ajay K. Arora