Immigration Issues/Conditional Resident

Question

I am having a two years green card expired in 1994, what is
the right process to be be renewed or replace it with a permanent resident green card?

Your immediate reply will be highly appreciated.

Firas  

Answer

It appears that you have a conditional resident card valid for 2 years based on marriage to a U.S. citizen, and petition to remove the conditions on residence (Form I-751) should have been filed within 90 days of expiration of the conditional resident card. However, it can still be filed if there is adequate explanation for not filing earlier. Form I-751 can be obtained here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-751.pdf and may be able to be filed whether you are still married, or filing singly.

Ajay K. Arora