Immigration Issues/F1 Marriage question

Question
My brother is here in us doing his phd.He was married before applying for f1 visa.He declared his status as single.He and his fiancee are both in us.Will there be any problems if they want to make a trip to india.

Answer

If your brother was not legally married as per Indian law when applying for F1 visa at the Consulate, then there is no misrepresentation and therefore cannot be any possible problems in the future.

If he was indeed married and stated his status as single in the application for F1 visa at the Consulate, that is a material misrepresentation for which there is no defense.

Ajay K. Arora