Immigration Issues/GREEN CARD FOR MY DAD

Question
My Mom and dad used to visit us here every 6 months. Now that they can't travel due to old age, their green card expired. My mom just passed away and i would like to bring my dad back here is US, but his green card has expired. I am the only left to watch for him. What should I do.

Thanks,

Romel

Answer

It appears that your Dad and abandoned his LPR (lawful permanent resident) status. Assuming that you are a U.S. citizen, an I-130 petition should be filed. Information about family sponsorship categories is here: www.h1b1.com/sponsor.htm

Upon approval by the USCIS in a few months, your Dad will be able to apply for immigrant visa (green card) at the nearest U.S. Consulate.

You can call our law firm during business hours at 212-268-3580 or email info@h1b1.com for guidance.

Ajay K. Arora