Immigration Issues/Immigration visa-US in F4 but not immigrating

Question
Dear Sir,
My brother-in law has filed  petition in 1999 and immigration file has already open but question is husband and wife both are not staying to gether since 5-6 years.They have not taken divorce also and they are not intending to go US.What is the formalities I have to do for themselves? Kindly guide me.
deep

Answer

You can request the petitioner to send  letter to the USCIS revoking the I-130 petition. Also, if correspondence has been received by the National Visa Center (NVC), the beneficiary can notify the NVC that he or she is no longer interested in immigrating to the U.S.

The above actions are optional. There is no disadvantage in failing to notify the USCIS or NVC.  

Ajay K. Arora