Immigration Issues/L1 to H1 and multiple H1

Question
Hi
I am currently in US on L1 with Company A.
Another company B filed my H1 petition and it got approved with COS effective from Oct1, 2010.
While searching for jobs I got a good offer from another company C, who filed a premium H1 (new) about 10 days back. Today I got an approval with COS effective from Nov 1,2010.
Please let me know what will be my status for the period Oct 01 to Oct 31st if I continue to work with my L1 employer A and then switch to employer C on Nov 01,2010. I do not want to join employer B, for now.

Many thanks in advance!

Answer

If you were granted "change of status" through Co. C, then you can continue working in L1 status until Oct. 31, as the latest action by USCIS has H1B status taking effect on Nov. 01 and change of status implies that you will continue to remain in L1 status until change of status takes effect.

However, if you were granted "extension of status" through Co. C, then you should start working for Co. B on Oct. 01 at least until end of Oct. before you can start working for Co. C.

Ajay K. Arora