Immigration Issues/L1A REJECTION--OPTIONS?

Question
Dear Sir,
I had applied for L1A visa under blanket petition. My visa was rejected on 20th Sep 2010 b,coz I had no authority to hire & fire the employess in US.Pl suggest me b'coz there is urgent need in our sister concern. Is L1B a better option as I am a Chartered Accountant?

Answer

If L1A was denied, there is a good possibility of L1B denial as well.

I recommend a different visa category such as H1B, which requires completion of the equivalent of a four-year U.S. bachelor's degree, and for which you appear qualified. With H1B all that is required is a showing that the position normally requires completion of a relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent, and that you are suitably qualified, and that the company is capable of paying you the offered salary. There is much less scope for the Consulate to deny issuance of the H1B visa stamp compared to L1 visa stamp.

You are dependent on the U.S. employer to file the appropriate petition with the USCIS, irrespective of whether the employer selects to file L1B or H1B. Good luck, and you can speak with your employer about selecting an experienced immigration law firm (such as our law firm) for advice. If agreeable, do not hesitate to contact our law firm directly during business hours by phone at 212-268-3580 or email info@h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora