Immigration Issues/Missing OPT EAD Card

Question
Hello,

I have graduated from my university in December 2008, and I completed one year with my OPT, had applied for an stem extension and received an extension and the OPT card. I was working as a contractor, and just recently got an offer for a full time position. I was looking for my OPT card and I cant find it, and it seems that the company needs my OPT card to hire me. Now I do have an I-20 which says that I had applied for an OPT and I have been approved however, I'm not too sure, at this point what could I do, if I apply for an replacement card how long would that take?

Please advice on what paperwork I could show to prove that I can work in US, I do have a scanned copy of my newest OPT card which has other details.

Thanks & Regards,
Anish Dutta

Answer

Please apply for replacement EAD by coordinating with the DSO (also known as international student advisor) at your university by completing Form I-765: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-765.pdf

It can take up to 3 months to be issued replacement EAD, but the DSO has the means to expedite this.

Ajay K. Arora