Immigration Issues/Planning on getting married

Question
Hello can you please help me im a Us Citizen currently living in Ecuador for the past year and a half we want to get married in US but she doesn´t have a curent valid visa she had it in the past but expired long time ago what can I do in order to have her get a permit or a visa to travel and get married ??  

Answer

A visitor visa is not appropriate, as it does not allow for intention to immigrate to the U.S. or to have the intention to marry a U.S. citizen at time of entry to the U.S.

A fiancee petition (K1) petition should be filed by you with the USCIS. It will take several months for approval, at which time your fiancee will apply at the nearest U.S. Consulate for K1 visa to allow her to enter the U.S. for the purpose of marrying her U.S. citizen fiance. Additional information is here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a

Ajay K. Arora