Immigration Issues/visitors visa for my wedding

Question
my fiance and I would like her mother to be here for our wedding, the problem is that she is in the Dominican Republic, what do I have to do to get her here for the wedding and how long dose the whole process take from application till she gets here

Answer

Your future mother-in-law should apply at the nearest U.S. Consulate for a visitor visa. It can take a couple of months for the process. The following website is helpful: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1262.html

You and your fiance can help by sending your mother-in-law an invitation card for the wedding.

Ajay K. Arora