Immigration Issues/Change of Passport

Question
Hi Ajay,

My L1A petition is currently in process and I recently got married. If I change my passport to include my spouse's name before going for stamping, will it impact anything in the L1A process?

Is Passport information included in L1A Petition and will it cause a problem if a new PP is issued replacing the old one?

Thanks
Somesh.

Answer

Marriage will have no impact on your L1A petition.

If you obtain a new passport prior to applying for L1A visa stamp at the Consulate, the stamping will be done in the new passport. Keep a copy of the old passport in your records if there is a question at the Consulate at time of visa interview regarding your identity.  

Ajay K. Arora