Immigration Issues/F2 to H1B

Question
I am a Ph.D. student and will be graduating soon. My wife came to US on F2. She wants to work and we are planning to change her status from F2 to H1B. Can you tell me what are the chances that she gets H1B approved?

Thanks

Answer

H1B petition filing requires the support of an employer in the U.S.

Probability of success depends on factors such as whether the position is a specialty occupation, i.e., a position that normally requires the possession of a specific U.S. bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) to satisfactorily perform the job, whether your wife has the requisite qualifications, whether the employer can pay the offered wages, etc.

We cannot make a blanket statement about whether an H1B petition filed for your wife will be approved.

Ajay K. Arora