Immigration Issues/H1B petition Transfer

Question
hi, My previous employer filed an H1b petition for me and it got approved , I have I797 with me but date on that is mentioned incorrect(its a Typo) as on I129 it is mentioned right . Instead of 2010-2013 , it is mentioned 2012-2013. So How do I get it corrected ? Secondly , I did not get the visa stamped , I just have  I 797 and other documents approved. Now I changed my job and they want me to get it transfered to new employer name . Is this possible ?

Answer

Your employer, or an attorney who has the authorization of the employer, must notify the USCIS to issue corrected I797. The contact information is on the I-797 at the bottom.

Your new employer can file H1B petition requesting extension of your status. This new employer should attach copy of your current H1B approval notice (even if the dates are incorrect) along with copy of any correspondence sent by your previous employer requesting the USCIS to issue corrected I797.

Ajay K. Arora