Immigration Issues/L1 to H1 transfer

Question

Currently I am working on L1 in US. My current employer is paying me per diem and also complete indian salary. While I was in INDIA another employer(XYZ) filed H1 for me and I have that approoval with me now. But I never stamped based on that H1.

Now I want to change to the H1 and work for XYZ( employer who filed my H1). Do I need to apply through standard COS process? I appreciate your replies on this.

Thanks in advance
Kishna Prasad.

Answer

There are two choices to work for the H1B employer: Either the H1B employer file I-129 again with USCIS requesting change of status to H1B, or you can apply at a U.S. Consulate in your home country for H1B visa stamp and  then enter the U.S. based on existing H1B approval notice.

Ajay K. Arora