Immigration Issues/L1 to H1B

Question
I am currently on L1 visa which is valid till 2012. My company have applied for my H1 which is approved and start from 1Oct2011. I have to travel back home on Feb and May 2011.Can I or my spouse (on L2) can still travel in our L visa as my H1 will start only on Oct?

Answer

Yes, if your H1B approval notice granting change of status takes effect in the future, and you plan on entering the U.S. prior to the effective date, then you can enter on existing L1 visa stamp if your intention at time of entry is to work for the L1 employer.

Ajay K. Arora