Immigration Issues/L1 to H1B

Question
I came to US in 2006 on L1A through employer A. I got my H1B done in 2007 through employer B. I never moved to company B, I continued to work on L1A. I went back to India for 2 weeks and came to US in 2008 on L1A. I am currently on L1A extension currently.
Can I use my old H1B and move to a different company.

Answer

As you had H1B approval within the past six years, even if you did not technically hold H1B status, another company can file H1B petition for you requesting change of status from L1A to H1B. When filing H1B petition, this company should attach copy of your previous H1B approval notice and request exemption from the H1B visa cap.

Ajay K. Arora