Immigration Issues/L1 Visa Rejection , Can get L2 Visa if spouse has L1.

Question
My husband and myself are working in the same company .our company is applied for L1 visa for  both of us. but unfortunately my husband's L1 visa  is not approved.My L1 visa  and My son's L2 visa are approved.
In this case ,
1)whether my husband can apply for L2 visa?
2)The previous L1 Visa  rejection can affect of getting the L2 Visa ?
3)If he gets the L2 Visa , can he work in US?

Answer

Your husband can apply for L2 visa stamp based on issuance of L1 visa to you. The L2 visa stamp only requires marriage to L1 visa holder, so your husband should not be denied the visa stamp; his earlier L1 denial has no bearing.

Once your husband is in the U.S., he can apply for employment authorization document (EAD) with the USCIS based on entry to U.S. on L2 visa. It may take 2 to 3 months for the USCIS to issue EAD. With EAD your husband can work for any employer.

Ajay K. Arora