Immigration Issues/L1A and I-140 and I-485

Question
Hello,

I am on L1A and have not enetered the US yet. What is a better option -
1) Filing the I-140 now prior to entry into the U.S. through premium processing before filing the I-485.  
2) Going to US on L1A and then filing I-485?

What is a safer and quicker option dear expert? What are the expected processes cycle lengths?

Thanks,

Answer

Premium processing is not available for I-140 in the EB1 multinational executive or manager category. In addition, I-485 (adjustment of status application) can be filed only when physically present in the U.S.

Thus, you should enter the U.S. on existing L1A visa and then your company can file I-140/I-485. It will take about 6 months for I-140 approval and a few additional months beyond that for I-485 approval by the USCIS.

Ajay K. Arora