Immigration Issues/L2 visa reinterview

Question
My wife and I both work for the same organization. Our company applied for an L1 visa for me and an L2 for her. She is going to accompany me on a leave without pay for the entire duration that I will be there (6 months).
I received my L1 but the counslate has asked my wife to re-appear for the L2 interview. Any idea what this could be because of? Does she need to carry any special type of documentation from our company?

Answer

The U.S. Consulate should have issued your wife a list of any documentation that she should carry with her at time of her second interview.

In any event, your wife should carry a letter from your U.S. employer verifying your employment in L1 status. The Consulate normally issues a dependent L2 visa stamp if the Consulate is satisfied that you will maintain your L1A status.  

Ajay K. Arora