Immigration Issues/Marrying someone under the visa waiver program

Question
My fiance is from England and she entered the US on a Visa Waiver but overstayed. I am in the Army and we want to marry but I don't want her deported or have to leave the US. How can I marry her and change her legal status? Will she be deported? What is the process?

Answer

Since she entered the U.S. legally, even if she subsequently overstayed, and even if she entered on the visa waiver program, upon marriage with a U.S. citizen all sponsorship paperwork can be filed concurrently including the immigrant petition and adjustment of status. She will not be required to depart the U.S. Additional information is here: www.h1b1.com/Uscitizen.htm

Ajay K. Arora