Immigration Issues/Tourist Visa and Pregnant

Question
Hi, I am on a tourist visa in the US. I found out that I am pregnant. Can I give birth here in the US? Will my baby become a US citizen? What will happen to us? Please help. Thank you.

Answer

When you give birth in the U.S., your child will automatically be a U.S. citizen. His or her birth certificate is proof of U.S. citizenship and will allow him or her to obtain a U.S. passport.

If you would like to reside permanently in the U.S. based on your child's sponsorship if the child is born in the U.S., the child much reach 21 years of age to sponsor you: www.h1b1.com/sponsor.htm

Ajay K. Arora