Immigration Issues/Wrong end date on H4 approval

Question
1. Changed from F1 to H1B in 2008 - end date 5/31/2011.
2. Filed I-539 for wife and kids for COS from F2 to H4.
3. Petition approved and all granted H4 visas.
But here is the problem.
1. Daughter #1 given end date 11/23/2010 - since she turned 21 on that date.
2. Wife and daughter #2 also give end date 11/23/2010 and NOT 5/31/2011 (which is end date for primary i.e H1B holder).
Question - did USCIS make a mistake? Local field office said yes and asked me to file I-102 for correction.  But 7 months gone and no response from USCIS.  Another person said all petitioners on same I-539 will get same end date.  But nowhere is this mentioned.  PLEASE HELP!! Desperate.

Answer

Based on our experience, the USCIS will issue same end date for all applicants on the I-539.

I hope that your wife and daughter #2 filed for another H4 extension prior to 11/23/10. If not, they should depart the U.S. immediately and apply for H4 visa stamp at a U.S. Consulate in their home country.

Ajay K. Arora