Immigration Issues/adjustment of status student visa

Question
my son studies in USA and got bachelor mech engineering and is studying MBA at the moment. He has been in the USA for over 6 years and only left for brief visits home (Netherlands).
Is it possible to change his status to permanent, since he has been legally in USA for over 5 years?
regards
p. renema

Answer

In order to obtain permanent resident status in the U.S., normally your son must be sponsored by a U.S. family member who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident: www.h1b1.com/sponsor.htm

Alternatively, he can be sponsored by an employer in the U.S.: www.h1b1.com/laborcert.htm

Your son cannot obtain permanent residence in the U.S. based only on the fact that he has been in the U.S. for several years as a student.

Ajay K. Arora