Immigration Issues/sibling sponsorship

Question
I am a US citizen and have filed for immigration for my adult unmarried brother. My parents have green card thru me.
Is it faster to get my brothers petition processed if I sponsor as citizen or my parents sponsor as green card holder?

Answer

Your sponsorship is in the 4th family preference category (F4). If a parent sponsors as a green card holder, it will be the F2B category. A parent sponsoring as a citizen is in the F1 category.

There is not much difference between F2B and the 4th family preference categories. However, if your parents sponsor in the F2B category, and later become citizens, the category will automatically become F1, and F1 is significantly faster than F4. Your brother will have to continue to remain single in this scenario.

Information about family sponsorship categories and priority dates is here: www.h1b1.com/sponsor.htm  

Ajay K. Arora