Immigration Issues/US visa for foreign friend

Question
I have a question for which I can find no information. I am a male US citizen by birth. I am retired and have been living in Malaysia for over 2 1/2 years. I own a home here which I share with my younger male Chinese Malaysian friend. He is the primary beneficiary of my will. I would like to go back to the US to visit my family, as my brothers and I are getting older. I want to bring my friend with me to visit family and friends. I no longer have a home in the US and will be staying with family and friends. After the visit we will be returning to Malaysia to our home. My friend has a longtime steady job and family here. Could you please help me in suggesting what types of documentation we need? I can find no information regarding my situation. Thank you.

Answer

Your friend will need to apply for a B2 visitor visa directly at a U.S. Consulate in Malaysia. You cannot sponsor him as he is not a family member: www.h1b1.com/sponsor.htm

The following website is helpful: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1262.html#3

Ajay K. Arora