Immigration Issues/I-864


QUESTION: in I-485 it says current status, so should i put aos for sdjustment of status or ? thanks.

ANSWER: In I-485 where it says current status, you should enter the status you last entered the United States with, such as B1/B2 or H1b, etc.

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: on I-864, i am filling for my wife along with I-485,I-765, I-131 and would like to know do i need to fill out the I-864A section or not and do i put her name on part 3 of I-864 or on just part 2  ? thanks.

I am not sure about your I-864A because I don't know if the household sponsor's income is legally derived.  Assuming it is, the sponsor does not need an I-864 if she is also the intending immigrant.  Please review the instruction for the I-864A.  Or you can hire me to review your paperwork for you for $300.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jack Sung


Can answer: Immigration and visa issues Can't answer: Everything else


Been a practicing immigration attorney for 4 years.

Taiwanese American Lawyers Association. American Immigration Lawyers Association. Los Angeles County Bar Association

Southwestern International Law Journal

J.D. from Southwestern Univ. School of Law in 2007. Licensed attorney in California

Awards and Honors
LACBA 2011 Outstanding Public Service Award

©2017 All rights reserved.