Immigration Issues/Canada Immigration

Question
Dear Roxanne,
I am a September 2005 applicant for Canadian Immigration. I applied as FSW category from CHC London. My file was transferred back to CHC Islamabad in July 2008 and re-transferred to CHC London in January 2011.
Still no updates. Meantime, I started learning french and cleared DELF A1 & A2 (A2 appearing shortly). And now eligible for Quebec SW category.

Should I re-apply or should I wait for my old application? I need your expert opinion.

Best Regards,

Tyler

Answer
Hi Tyler,

Thank you for your question. In your situation, I may consider applying again.  Due to the Ministerial Instructions which started in 2008 and have been published every year since, FSW applications are now processed in the priorities as directed by the Minister of Immigration and therefore, it no longer works on a first come/first serve basis unless the application was made within the year of that set of Ministerial Instructions.  And due to the growing backlog, there are several applications at visa offices around the world that may never make it to processing.  London is an extremely busy visa office and unless significant changes are implemented by the Minister, it is doubtful your application will be processed for many years to come.  However, a new application would be placed in a higher priority.  If you meet the requirements for the category you are considering, I would apply again.

Sincerely,

Roxanne Jessome
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant
ICCRC Member No. R412519
www.joincanada.com

Roxanne Jessome