Immigration Issues/GC Process


Dear Sir,My GC process is in progress and 140 got approved recently. I got to know from my attorney that I need my birth certificate for the next stage. Actually I born on 20th September 1973 in a small village in Kerala and didnít collect my birth certificate anytime. I have 25th April 1974 as my birth date in all documents like SSLC Book, Indian PAN Card, Indian Driving License, Passport, H1-B Visa, SSN, US Driving License, etc. Now, my parent went to Village office and requested for the Birth Certificate with 25th April 1974 as birth date. But they said they can give the Certificate with birth date 20th September 1973 and then correct my all document to match this date and Iím sure it is too hard for me. Can you please let me know a solution for me for this issue? Is there any document I can use in my GC process instead of my Birth Certificate from Village?

Hello Anil,

Usually, birth certificate is required in the immigration process.


1. Applicant should get a copy of correct birth certificate and provide to immigration and immigration officials has discretion to enter under comments both the date of births.

2. Some applicant(s) get a copy from their municipality stating "Record Not Found"

3. Some applicant(s)submit an affidavit stating their siblings (biological or adopted) names, dob, martial status etc.  

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ravi Khosla


You can ask question related to Canadian Immigration, policies and procedures.


Serving the community since last 25 years in regards to their immigration matters.

Senior Paralegal (Immigration) CVT Law Office Surrey BC


©2017 All rights reserved.